Uses and Benefits of Electric Fencing
Animal control is perhaps the most widely recognized reason for power fencing. Not only does power fencing keep domestic animals and livestock contained, it has various other important uses, including:
- Keeping wild animals out
- Separating different groups of animals
- Allowing rationing of crops and pasture
- Fencing animals off from eroding areas, trees, rivers and roads
Power fencing has revolutionized pasture management techniques and better pasture management means better profitability for farmers. Permanent or portable power fences are used to subdivide pasture to ensure even distribution of manure over grazing areas. In this way, pastures are kept fresh, short and palatable which ultimately leads to increased milk and meat production.
Other key benefits of power fencing:
- Easily constructed and maintained
- Durable, because of low physical contact
- Light weight and easily transported
- Easily modified
- Less animal hide and pelt damage
- Deterrent to trespassers and predators
For convenient, economical animal control, improved pasture management and more profitable farming, a Gallagher Power Fence System is the trusted solution.